it's all about trust...

Mechanics work. As a engineer's math is to a bridge's structural integrity so is mechanics to a business' structure. But in neither situation is the act of walking over the bridge or enacting the business plan a step in mechanics but rather immaterial act of faith, trust, and risk acceptance. The steps to build connection between communities requires building the trust of each new person you ask to join you.

There are only two ways to earn trust that leads to action. One is through earning it in a one on one situation. At some point it becomes a person to person transaction. Or secondly, through the trust you have in someone else, thus operating on borrowed trust. I buy anything my sister tells me to buy, because I trust her. I buy on the internet from Google Trusted sites because I trust that the people at Google have earned my trust over time. I hesitate to buy from the Craiglist scammer that asks to send me a certified check because he is out of the country. Even though he attempts to earn my trust by telling a story of his time overseas in the military and inability to get home to his family.

It's time to get busy building trust. You want to build awareness. Build a community that trusts you. Excitement is a flash, but trust is how to build adornment. Get with it...and you better have a greater resolve than helping yourself.

Comments